Updated: Mar 24, 2021
I had a conversation with a seasoned emerging growth entrepreneur and EOS prospect on Friday about implementing the Entrepreneurial Operating System for his growing company. We had a very frank conversation and he asked me point-blank, "Why should I hire you to implement EOS, when I can self implement the system myself?". I did my best to reply to his questions on the spot, but over the course of the weekend decided it was probably worth addressing in a blog post. If he is asking the questions, how many other second stage entrepreneurs are doing the same.
I decided to put list together of the top reasons that you should use an EOS Implementer:
1. Human Nature - We help you focus on what you need to do vs. human nature's tendency to encourage you to do what you want to do.
2. Objectivity - We provide an external, independent, and trusted perspective to challenge your way of thinking and acting.
3. Capacity Building - We help you increase your capability to manage your next challenge.
4. Speed - We help you do it faster than you could do own your own.
5. Habit - We help you make lasting change in your organization and make EOS a habit for your organization.
There are a few other attributes about Professional EOS Implementers that further support the reason for hiring an implementer:
1. Seasoning - We have walked in your shoes and have run small and medium-sized businesses.
2. Peer-to-Peer - Our experience enables us to communicate with other CEO's on a peer-to-peer basis.
3. Experience - We typically have 20 to 30 years of business experience that enables us help ensure an enduring approach.
4. Trusted - Our name is on the line and integrity and relationships are the goodwill that we need to create an enduring practice.
5. Accountability - We provide a high level of accountability. We are obsessed about execution, traction, getting it done, and concluding.
If you can afford to hire a Professional EOS Implementer, I highly recommend spending the money. The external energy, objectivity, expertise, and ability to help you and your team get there faster far outweigh the perceived savings of doing it yourself.